Problem with Mediafire

Started by fr8nks, Friday 11 May 2012, 14:59

Previous topic - Next topic

PJ

I've just heard from mediafire:

"Your ISP is currently blocking file downloads on our site.  We heard about this issue several days ago and responded appropriately, but were instructed that it may take some time for them to unblock us.  At this point there is nothing more we can do, but you might be able to get them to hurry things up by contacting your ISP directly."

Ah, my leetle grey cells told me it was BeeTee. Miss Lemon, take a lettair. Dear BeeTee...

PJ

BT has been singularly arrogant and unhelpful.

1. I'm not allowed to complain even though I'm a BT customer - only mediafire can.

2. If mediafire contacted them last Friday, they wouldn't look at the problem until next Wednesday.

Welcome back to the 1970s.

Richard Moss

Folks,

Downloads from Mediafire via BT seem to be working fine this morning.  Able to download Mark's recent uploads 'instantly'.

Hope this means problem solved for others too!

Richard

PJ

BT has just rung me - yes, there is a problem affecting not just me, and they're sorry, it's going to take some time to sort out.

PJ

Having tried and failed only ten minutes ago with the chap from Delhi's assistance, I've just tried again and it is back to normal, unblocked.

Thank, Richard Moss, I was going to give up on it until I'd been out and had a cup of coffee.

Mark Thomas

MrdiaFire have confirmed to me too that the problem has been with BT (and also Virgin as far as uploads are concerned apparently). My isp is PlusNet which is owned by: guess who?

PJ

I was unable to get through to a complaints department at BT, and was told you need to write in. Would I like the address?

By the way, a number of BT operatives told me this morning, and I quote, "We do not block" before suggesting the problem was of my own making. I can only assume many others have contacted BT this morning and that the penny eventually dropped.

PJ

To celebrate, I will post Arthur Oldham's Psalms in Time of War - premiere performance - later today.

SNO Sir Alexander Gibson

Mark Thomas

... and I've just posted Kaminski's Dorische Musik, in the German Music Folder.

Alan Howe

The problem has now disappeared...