Ricardo Castro, new release, very soon!

Started by Aramiarz, Tuesday 16 September 2014, 01:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Aramiarz

Dear friends
  I'm glad for share with your the next:    Rodolfo Ritter And the OSSLP with the conductor José Miramontes Zapata, have some plans for rescue importants works of the past, unjustified forgotten!! All are the first mexican pieces in his genre And written by Ricardo Castro (1864-1907): The piano concert  (dedicated to Reinecke), the cello concert (dedicated to belgium cellist Max Loevensohn), And "Oithona", too the first mexican symphonic poem,(dedicated to his friend, too composer And musical writer Gustavo E. Campa ), very soon we have notices about this wonderful works! Unbelieve it or not, never was recorded Oithona And the piano concert (one Mexican University  made only one private recording, never available for the mexican people And the world) This is the first time for all us. The cello concert has one Cd from some years ago, but the solist for mi taste, doesn't have with the technical capacity for performance this beautiful work, You can listen this version in Youtube, the first movement recall us the first of Saint-Saens, I Think so that one good cellist the work will be more highest appreciate. (Excuse for my bad english), Castro was one very important mexican Romantic composer And too one very gifted pianist. He dedicated pieces to importants composers as: Chaminade (op 15, 6 preludes), Delafosse (vals Bluette And one Landler), Moritz Moskowski (op 20 concert studies), Isidore Phillipp (studies about one Clementi's theme, after say You the opus, I don't remember it now!), Ballade op 5 dedicated to Eugene D'Albert etc.

lasm2000

Sorry for replying on an old threat, but, do the plans extend to Castro's symphony? I recently listened to it in youtube and it is quite a nice piece, although the orchestra sounds like a student orchestra. It would definitely benefit from a pro ensemble.

Aramiarz

Dear friend!! Hello. Thank you for your interest. Soon we have The World premiere recording of piano concert, cello concert and symphonic poem. In 2 months máximum. The symphony too is our targets!!!

Alan Howe

That's excellent news. And it's good to hear from you again, Aramiarz.

Aramiarz

Dear Alan, thank you very much!!" soon I will be back with Haarklou news!!

Alan Howe

Aramiarz

This wonderful Cd is ready in Sterling

If You wish listen some fragments please follow the link in internet Mexican radio where we shared the premiere the last tuesday

http://www.codigoradio.cultura.df.gob.mx/index.php/la-vida-secreta/19728-ricardo-castro-disco

Alan Howe

Great news, Aramiarz. You have obviously been working very hard!

Aramiarz

http://recordsinternational.com/cd.php?cd=09R002

If you have interest in this wonderful cd, this is one option for get it!

Alan Howe

I've had it on order from Records International for some weeks now. Really looking forward to it...

Aramiarz

Excellent dear Alan. I want to know your opinion!

Alan Howe

Alan Howe

...actually, it arrived this afternoon, so I'll be back. First impressions are very positive, though.

Alan Howe

Well, I'm very impressed indeed with the Piano Concerto. Castro must have known his Liszt,  Tchaikovsky and Saint-Saëns, but the work is none the worse for that. It's concise (22:44), in three more or less continuous sections, and is full of melody and strong thematic material. A very likeable work - superior, I would have thought, to some of the recent offerings in Hyperion's Romantic PC series and well worthy of revival in the concert hall. Now to listen to the Cello Concerto...