Robert Radecke - Piano Trio Op.30

Started by Mark Thomas, Friday 08 May 2015, 11:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

Anybody else come across this recent upload to YouTube? I assume that it's a radio broadcast.

Mark Thomas

... and a sunny, attractive work it proves to be. An enjoyable, if not profound, discovery.

Alan Howe

I appear to have this in my collection:

Robert Radecke (1830-1911):Piano Trio No.1 in A flat major, Op.30 (1865)
1.   (8:02)
2.   (3:35) 
3.   (8:10)
4.   (8:41) 
Basler Trio

Is this the same recording?

eschiss1

IMSLP only has material for his 2nd piano trio (Op.33 in B minor) at the moment rather than Op.30, btw. :)

Mark Thomas

Looks like the same one, Alan. It's clearly a concert performance, presumably broadcast. I hadn't come across it before.

Alan Howe

Wonder where I got it from? Are you sure you didn't have it already?

JimL

Can anyone get the tempo indication for the scherzo?

eschiss1

The trio was released (?) on a Radio DRS compact disc (archive copy, so perhaps non-commercial) in 1992; Zurich Library has a copy. Performers were Michaela Paetsch-Neftel (Vl) ; Guido Schiefen (Vc) ; Irina Nikitina-Haefliger (Kl).
Also: a couple of libraries seem to have copies, including Harvard U (Massachusetts)'s Houghton Library and Berlin Stabikat.
It was premiered(?) January 1865 in Berlin, and published later that year by Trautwein.

Mark Thomas

:-[ "When I'm 64" (in a few weeks)! My age is catching up with me, Alan. I did have a copy of this recording, but had totally forgotten about it. It was buried in the dusty recesses of my hard drive. We each got it from a mutual swapping friend eight years ago, I suspect.

Alan Howe

Oh, that's a relief. Mind you, it took me a while to find my copy and I'm only 61... ;)