News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

2019 unsung concerts

Started by eschiss1, Thursday 06 December 2018, 05:46

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Ok, mostly added in my case.. (mostly from one site for now but will diversify , I'm sneaking in time just now)

Adding:
Berwald symphony no.3 @ Trinity Street, London November 23;
Berwald symphony no.1 @ Davies Symphony Hall (San Francisco, Open Rehearsal, Blomstedt) Jan 30/Feb 1 2020, full concert Feb 2 (same conductor with Concertgebouw in Amsterdam, Berwald 4, April 22-4 2020...

Alan Howe

chill319

In the Stanford U/Silicon Valley part of California, the non-professional Saratoga Symphony Orchestra specializes in seldom played repertory, at least half of which falls within the Unsung Composers remit. This may be old news, but in case it isn't, a specimen concert would be that of 3/12/2017, which comprised Duparc's "Lenore," Hübler's Konzertstück for 4 horns, and Raff's Symphony No. 5, "Lenore." This season they have already played Glazunov's Symphony No. 1. Concerts to come include works by Auber, Dubois, Massenet, Delibes, Borkiewicz's 1st concerto, MacDowell's 1st orchestral suite, Guilmant's Symphony No. 1, Jongen's Symphonie Concertante for organ and orchestra, and more. http://www.saratogasymphony.com/schedule.html

vesteel

A week too late - violinist Michaela Paetsch performed Raff's 2nd Violin Concerto on November 23 and 24 with the Ensemble Instrumental de La Neuveville! https://eineuve.ch/post/189229885537/inspirations-de-lailleurs

mikehopf

Trio Anima Mundi continue their Reissiger cycle in 2020 with 3 more Piano Trios: No.4 Op.56; Op.1 No.3 in Cm; and No.18, Op.188.

Their much anticipated belated release of British Piano Trios should be available next February.

eschiss1

That's good to know but may be easier to find in the Recordings forum?.. sorry...

eschiss1

This would belong in a 2020 post but give or take a few days- Jupiter Symphony Chamber Players Jan 6 2020 concert program  (NYC) contains Alexander Fesca's septet no.1 in C minor... (and their next, Jan 20, FP Lachner's nonet in F; and Melartin's wind trio in February but ..)

eschiss1

I missed this fact completely last year (maybe mentioned here but I don't recall) the  but I'm glad it happened: the Kitchener Waterloo Symphony (Ontario, Canada) performed Friedrich Gernsheim's 2nd symphony on 11/29,30/2019 (and mentioned it beforehand @ Instagram @ kwsymphony with a photo of the title page of the score) .

eschiss1

ah, I see that Trio Anima Mundi plans as of June to accompany their recordings with performances. Which explains op.1 no.3 - that's the Beethoven work they intend to play in the same concert as Reissiger's Op.186 in 3 concerts in June if possible...