Stjepan Sulek

Started by Latvian, Saturday 02 July 2011, 00:48

Previous topic - Next topic

fr8nks

ttle, Thanks for making these Sulek works available (Symphony Five and Symphony Eight). I really appreciate it.

Latvian

Quotettle, Thanks for making these Sulek works available (Symphonies 5 & . I really appreciate it.

Seconded! I've been yearning for these works for years!

fr8nks

I just finished listening to Sulek's Symphony No.5 and it is one of the most beautiful symphonies I have ever heard. All of you who have listed symphonies that you cannot live without need to listen to this utterly beautiful creation because it could alter your choices. This is not to be missed. Thanks again for the upload.

JimL

Quote from: fr8nks on Friday 30 December 2011, 02:42
I just finished listening to Sulek's Symphony No.5 and it is one of the most beautiful symphonies I have ever heard. All of you who have listed symphonies that you cannot live without need to listen to this utterly beautiful creation because it could alter your choices. This is not to be missed. Thanks again for the upload.
I don't know how yours turned out.  The first two movements of my DL came through just fine, but from 2:06 to 2:11 in the finale, the music simply cuts out.  Just 5 seconds of dead silence.  Then it comes back.  I don't know if I should just try downloading it again or if the same thing is happening to everybody else.  Could you let me know?  If it's just me, I'll reload it.  BTW, this guy sounds like another major 20th Century symphonist.  I hear a little Miaskovsky in there, too.  And Bartok.  And Ives.   

JimL

Know what?  Fuhgeddaboudit.  I'll delete that file and reload it and won't post anything more on the subject unless the same thing happens again.

JimL

Well, I'm posting again.  It isn't me it's the file.  Ttle, could you please reupload that movement in mediafire?  Something obviously went wrong, and it cuts out a good 5 seconds of music towards the beginning (as I said from 2:06 to 2:11 in).

fr8nks

Quote from: JimL on Saturday 31 December 2011, 01:07
Well, I'm posting again.  It isn't me it's the file.  Ttle, could you please reupload that movement in mediafire?  Something obviously went wrong, and it cuts out a good 5 seconds of music towards the beginning (as I said from 2:06 to 2:11 in).

Jim, I had the same problem but was able to edit out the 5 seconds of silence. It is almost unnoticeable. If you like I can upload the last movement for you.

JimL

Please do.  I'm starting to wonder if the silence contains missing music or if it is just an interruption.

fr8nks

Quote from: JimL on Saturday 31 December 2011, 06:42
Please do.  I'm starting to wonder if the silence contains missing music or if it is just an interruption.

Here is a link to the edited 3rd movement.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4x8forcsoolndh8

JimL

Thanks.  It sounds like there's missing music, but I think this passage is repeated later on so at least I'll have an idea of what's missing with repeated listenings.  We really need to find a way to get this music performed and recorded, don't you think?  ;)

fr8nks

Quote from: JimL on Saturday 31 December 2011, 16:24
Thanks.  It sounds like there's missing music, but I think this passage is repeated later on so at least I'll have an idea of what's missing with repeated listenings.  We really need to find a way to get this music performed and recorded, don't you think?  ;)

I agree. I sent an email to the Croation radio station that broadcast this hoping to obtain a recording of it. Naxos or CPO should record all of Sulek's symphonies.

dschfan

Just downloaded Sulek's Sym.no.3, there was only two files, no.3-2 and no.3-3 for total of around 13 minutes. Is this it or is there another file I missed? Thank you in advance.

Latvian

QuoteJust downloaded Sulek's Sym.no.3, there was only two files, no.3-2 and no.3-3 for total of around 13 minutes. Is this it or is there another file I missed? Thank you in advance.

Drat these file sharing sites! File 3-1 most assuredly was there at one time, but seems to have vanished for some reason. I'll reupload when I get a chance. Thanks for letting me know!

gabriel

Please,
Can anybody upload the first mov. of the Third Symphony of Stjepan Sulek, which disappeared on http://www.mediafire.com/?j8ub1u9r76b7b?
Thanks!!

fr8nks

Quote from: gabriel on Thursday 12 January 2012, 15:33
Please,
Can anybody upload the first mov. of the Third Symphony of Stjepan Sulek, which disappeared on http://www.mediafire.com/?j8ub1u9r76b7b?
Thanks!!

Gabriel--Here is a link to the 1st movement of Sulek Symphony No.3 (Allegro).

[urlhttp://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0nvxjip4vgxbbtx][/url]