Stjepan Sulek

Started by Latvian, Saturday 02 July 2011, 00:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

Please excuse my probable stupidity but I cannot find any of the rest of Sulek's 3rd Symphony on the site ::)

Can someone please direct me to it ???

dschfan

Just click on the link in the Sulek download section for Symphonies 1 & 2 in the beginning, it will be there.

Dundonnell

Ah yes....thank you :)

I remember now ;D The reason I did not download was because the first movement appears to be missing :(

fr8nks

Quote from: Dundonnell on Friday 13 January 2012, 01:30
Ah yes....thank you :)

I remember now ;D The reason I did not download was because the first movement appears to be missing :(

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the Audacity link and here is a link to the 1st movement of the Sulek 3rd Symphony.

www.mediafire.com/download.php?0nvxjip4vgxbbtx

Dundonnell

Many thanks :)  Now complete :)

dschfan

My thanks also, listened to yesterday.

wunschkonzert

since you guys seem to be the experts on sulek:

does anyone know anything about (or even posess) a recording of his opera "the tempest" ("oluja")?
or do you have any info on his publishers so that i can try to track the work down?

thanks a lot from a new member
:)
(what a forum! made my day!!!)

cjvinthechair

In my hopelessly inadequate efforts to catch up with all the beautiful music that was downloaded here before I joined, never mind that which has come since, just listening now to the 6th Symphony, tried first as the experts seem to think it's his best.
Wonderful, thanks. Mr. Sulek has a new convert !

ttle

Quote from: fr8nks on Saturday 31 December 2011, 12:57
Quote from: JimL on Saturday 31 December 2011, 06:42
Please do.  I'm starting to wonder if the silence contains missing music or if it is just an interruption.

Here is a link to the edited 3rd movement.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4x8forcsoolndh8

Ow, I am awfully sorry that I missed this exchange. Many thanks to fr8nks for editing the gap out. Naturally, if I ever come across a more seamless recording, I shall upload it again.

fr8nks

I uploaded a complete performance of Symphony No.5 on 01 February 2012 from a rebroadcast.

eschiss1

about the 2nd symphony (have almost finished listening to it) I assume the last track isn't just a scherzo- did someone give a tempo indication for the finale (I'm guessing the 20 minutes contains a scherzo and finale linked, which is how it sounds? Raw emotions and difficult to listen to for that reason, but very good in all- I have a gripe or two but like it on a first listen. Thanks!!)

JimL

I work with a Croatian doctor.  I burned a CD of the PC 3 and S 5 for him.  Just spreadin' the word!

ttle

Quote from: eschiss1 on Sunday 20 May 2012, 04:30
about the 2nd symphony (have almost finished listening to it) I assume the last track isn't just a scherzo- did someone give a tempo indication for the finale (I'm guessing the 20 minutes contains a scherzo and finale linked, which is how it sounds? Raw emotions and difficult to listen to for that reason, but very good in all- I have a gripe or two but like it on a first listen. Thanks!!)

Indeed, the title of the movements are Allegro con brio - Adagio - Scherzo - Finale, the last two linked. Raw indeed but very strong stuff in my opinion.

fr8nks

Thanks, ttle, for the Sulek Classical Concerto No.3. We now have numbers 2, 3 & 4. Do you have No.1?

Elroel

Absolutely stunning: all those Sulek works.

So far I only got a poor recording of Symphony NÂș 5 and a little better one of his 4th Concerto

Many, many thanks for these uploads!!
Elroel